Monday, June 20, 2005

Fiona Oakes- Vegan Firefighter & Marathon runner

Fiona Oakes Tower Hill Stables, Marathon Runner and Firefighter

Fiona: "I have been vegetarian since the age of 8 & for the past 20 years a Vegan"

"My philosophy is that I am privileged to be able to care for my animals, I do not regard them as my property. I do not attach a financial value to any of them. I try to allow them to interact with each other, where appropriate, in as natural environment as possible with me being there as the overseer & carer".

Fiona ran a brilliant race in The London Marathon to come 30th in a time of 2 hours 49 ! Fiona was wearing her "Vegan Runners" top and as she ran alone up the Mall there were thousands of people shouting "Come on Vegan" which was brilliant.

Saving sick turkeys is just another day in the life of Fiona Oakes, who also finds time to work as a retained fire fighter.

Pictures BBC Fiona Vegan Awards

No comments:

Blog Archive