Monday, June 20, 2005

Natalie Portman vegan

Natalie

Natalie Portman Biography | Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith | Bio | Picture | Garden State | Photo | Closer: "Natalie Portman is a vegan and has been since she was 8 years old."

"I've wanted to be an astronaut, a doctor, a vet - these are things I've said in interviews. Before that, I wanted to be a mermaid and a fairy."

"My dad's a doctor, and when I was 8, I went to one of his medical conferences where they were demonstrating laser surgery on a chicken. I was so mad that a chicken had to die, I never ate meat again."

– Sassy (USA) – March, 1996

"Cutting out gelatin was hard for me—giving up Gummy Worms and Jell-O. I hated that!"

– Vanity Fair (USA) – May, 1999

"I couldn't be anorexic because I like food too much, and I couldn't be bulimic because I hate throwing up too much"

– You (UK) – September, 1999

"When I was younger I thought 'I'm gonna change the world!'"

– Sain Unlimited (USA) – September, 2000

"I actually tried my first cigarette last year at school. I just figured, if many people are smoking, there must be something to it, and before I pooh-pooh it I should at least know what it's about. I took one puff and I was like, OK, I was right. There's nothing to it. They're just wrong – it's disgusting"

– Allure (USA) – May, 2002

Has been a strict vegetarian since the age of 8. She practices what is called "Vegan Vegetarianism."



No comments:

Blog Archive